6 Of The Best Remedies for Blackheads
Even for the most vigilant person who cleanses their skin daily, blackheads can appear on the chin, around the mouth and even the body. However tempting it is to pick and squeeze at them, its important that you remove them gently so you dont scar the skin or cause the skin duress. Blackheads are just a mix of oil and dead skin cells that have been exposed to air and turn black. Lets look at a few natural ways to support the body to get rid of them easily:
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a natural pH balancer and antiseptic. Not only is it beneficial for the balancing the skin it cleans the skins of impurities such as dirt and debris. Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water to make a paste. Apply to the face and massage in a circular motion. Let it dry (takes about 10 minutes) and wash off with warm water. By doing this once or twice a week, you are thoroughly cleaning the skin and getting rid of those blackheads.
- Homemade Pore Strip: Using ingredients like sugar which is an antibacterial defoliant and lemon juice which is a defoliant and astringent, you are rejuvenating the skin and getting rid of dead cells. Take 1 x cup of sugar, 1/3 cup honey and juice from half a lemon. Put into a saucepan and heat it on high. Cool. Apply a thin layer over the blackheads. Using strips of cloth, cover the waxy substance letting it stiffen and dry. Quickly pull the cloth off removing all debris. Rinse well.
- Mask: Facial masks are an excellent way to clear blackheads. You can use any fruit, vegetable, spice, nut or juice that contains high amounts of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid works to dissolve blackheads and include foods like strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, apples and mandarins. Turmeric also has high salicylic acid. In fact, it has been used for centuries in India for skin care. Oregano, rosemary and thyme are also beneficial and have salicylic acid. So test what works for you.
- Betonite Clay: Bentonite clay is mineral rich and provides a good base for skin ailments. Used for centuries, it draws out oils and impurities from the skin. Mix 1 tablespoon of clay with water or Apple Cider Vinegar to make a paste. Apply to your face and leave for 10-25 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Oatmeal: Soothing irritation, removing dead skin cells, removing excess oil and exfoliating the skin, this is an all rounder when dealing with blackheads. Cook enough oatmeal with water to cover the blackheads. Let cool. Apply to the skin and leave for approx 10-20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. This is a recipe that you can use every day if you wish.
- Cinnamon: This will not only leave your skin smelling lovely and clear of blackheads, but is anti-bacterial in nature. Mix one part organic cinnamon with 2 parts honey. Apply the paste over the blackheads and leave for 15 or more minutes. Wash off. This remedy can be used every day.